If your just getting started to compose music with a computer or undecided on which DAW is right for your, here’s a few things to consider when choosing a DAW to compose music with.
I’m going to give a basic overview of the most popular DAW’s composers are using to compose their music with, along with my own personal philosophies on how to choose the best DAW for you.
If your interested in any of these DAW’s mentioned in the video, use the following links (affiliate links) to purchase.
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 9 Recording Software, Professional, Steinberg Cubase Pro 9 EE Educational
- MOTU Digital Performer 9 (Full Version)
- Avid Pro Tools, Avid Pro Tools 12 Academic (Download Card + iLok), Pro Tools 12 Professional Annual Subscription
- Ableton Live 9 Standard Ableton Live 9 Standard Multi-Track Audio Recording with Sound Library, Ableton Live 9 Suite Ableton Live 9 Suite Multi-Track Audio Recording with Sound Library
- Cakewalk Sonar Artist Music Production Software
- PreSonus Studio One 3 Artist Recording and Production Software (License Code + Quick Start)