- Computer Operating Systems: Windows and Mac OS Platforms.
- Programs: Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Snagit, iSpring, Jing, Respondus, Elluminate, Audacity, Google Slides.
- Learning Management Systems: Blackboard 8, Blackboard 9.0 & 9.1, Moodle, Angel, Canvas, and Learning Studio.
Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL May 2006 – Graduated
B.S. Instructional Technology, Anthropology
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Springboard Content & Publishing – Chippewa Lake, OH October 2017 – Present
Freelance Instructional Designer
Intraedge for Facebook – Menlo Park, CA (Remote) June 2017 – October 2017
- Designs and develops instructional materials for the global sales teams, including all creative assets (motion graphics, etc.)
- Designs and develops entry to advanced-level courses for internal audiences.
- Develops relationships with L&D, Blueprint, GSL, and other cross-functional business partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities.
- Promotes GSL offered programs and content through the creation of creative campaigns including video modules served up as ads to audiences.
Pearson Education – Orlando, FL June 2015 – October 2017
- Managed the course development process for new, revision, and revamp courses and assures that courses adhere to academic partners’ standards.
- Developed and supports partner-chosen online learning environments.
- Provided instructional design consultation to faculty of academic partners; assists faculty in the development of contextually-rich, engaging, and objective-driven courses that focus on applicable real-word/workplace skills.
- Designedcontent for delivery in online environments and completes instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Communicated regularly with partner faculty during course development process.
- Inputed course content/components into Learning Management System portals.
- Conceptualized and storyboards instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components.
- Conducted quality assurance reviews on courses and implements revisions.
- Helped test and implement agreed-upon emerging technologies in courses.
Pearson Education – Orlando, Fl May 2010 – June 2015
Associate Instructional Designer
- Collaboratively designed and developed instructional media pieces such as graphics, interactive activities, and scenarios to enrich the content and incorporate into the course. Format course as needed, adding and checking all course links, HTML, and CSS.
- Provided faculty with technical support for Blackboard 8 and 9.0.
- Assisted in the design and development of tools to facilitate product of technology-based learning products.
- Ensured quality control through testing and debugging of all systems for accuracy completeness and system integrity. Developed procedures to assure the smooth transition of new systems and enhancements into operational status.
- Assisted in performing technical services necessary to support the continuous delivery of service including: application enhancement project tracking development of software development utilities and application development procedures.
ACS- Cleveland, OH November 2009 – May 2010
Instructional Designer (Contractor)
- Designed and developed instructional materials for instructor led Accounting CPE courses.
- Worked closely with developers and subject matter experts to analyze and validate project requirements and objectives.
- Ensured that lesson objectives are accurately tested and that the courseware meets the level of learning and interaction for the objectives.
- Established that all deliverables meet standards for instructional integrity and effectiveness.
- Experienced working with a tight timeline.